Sleeping apparently is one way that you can beautify your body and cost nothing next to a penny.. I have bad sleeping patterns with kids so energetic running around the house its impossible to keep up to the 8 hours a day of sleep.. My kids have this thing that on week days its a hassle to get out of bed and on weekends they are awake even before the birds are ;/ (story of my life)
I love to sleep its just one of those things I totally enjoy doing but dont have that much time to do it (does that make sense?) anyway every morning my alarm snoozes for like 5 times literally every morning and it gets worse in winter months when I just dont want to leave my bed lol.
Sleeping has been know to give our body that well deserved rest and can play a key role in your body’s overall health and wellness. Sleep, is not only essential for maintaining heart health, improving concentration and reducing stress, but also vital for repairing sun damage, preventing acne and even maintaining a healthy glow! Its called “Beauty Sleep” for a reason.
4 Reasons why you should get your Beauty Sleep:
* Growth hormones peak during deep sleep and contribute to cell and tissue repair. Restless, intermittent sleep can interrupt that process.
* Also, collagen production is accelerated during sleep, and collagen helps keep moisture in our skin. When your skin is dehydrated, it looks less youthful and supple, more dull and dry.
* By lacking sleep we suppress the immune system’s ability to stay strong. This doesn’t just mean you’re more likely to catch a cold. Your skin is affected too, and you may be more likely to get rashes like psoriasis or eczema.
* Sleep is also restorative to our cognitive and emotional function. We need adequate sleep to stay relaxed and beautiful, inside and out.
For those that experience some trouble falling asleep here are a few habits that can help contribute to a beauty sleep:
*Avoid TV or snacking at least an hour before sleep time
* Write down what you need to do for the next day before going to bed, that will allow a quiet mind
* Spray or apply a few drops of lavender essential oil to your pillow. The soothing scent of lavender will help you feel calm and relaxed
* Take a warm bath with Epson salt and chamomile and lavender essential oils. If you don’t have time for a bath, a warm shower will do it
* Read a book that inspires you in bed, it is very soothing and relaxing
* Lower or dim the lights in the bedroom
By maintaining the right sleeping regimen, you are most likely to experience the following benefits:
* Radiant Complexion
*Wide Awake Eyes
* Luscious lips
* Pretty hands
Wow Glammedies without further oh do, I will take the advice and turn my laptop off and jump into bed.
How is your sleeping routine? and how do you prep the skin before bedtime?